Purpose: To advance the sustainability and success of higher education institutions by teaching and mentoring board leaders in regards to to principles and practices for effective board governance.
Principles and Practices:
- Board models of governance
- Board functions and responsibilities
- Board structure
- Board selection and development
- Board assessment
- Board-President-Staff relationships
- Board policy manual
- Board engagement in strategic planning
Presence: Larry McKinney also makes himself available for one-on-one coaching with presidents and board members.